2004 – Anne E. Casey Foundation, Families Count: The National Honors Program
2004 – Point of Light Foundation, Daily Point of Light Award
2005 – The United Way, Gloria Rose Memorial Award
2006 – Citibank, Outstanding Partnership Award
2008 – Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, Silver Medal for Organization of the Year.
2010 – Wells Fargo Bank, Community Partnership Award
2010 – Association of California School Administrators in Region III, Partners in Educational Excellence Award.
2013 - Wells Fargo Bank, Community Partnership Award
Our activities and neighborhood outcomes include:
• From 2005-2012 Del Paso Heights has seen a dramatic decrease in crime (Sacramento Police Department Raids Online data) including: 36% decrease in aggravated assaults; 40% decrease in drugs and narcotics; and 48% decrease in all crimes.
• Since 2008, 97% of the children participating in the Mutual Assistance Network after-school and enrichment programs were promoted to the next grade level or graduated.
• There has been an 85% decrease in child homicides caused by abuse and neglect, when comparing 1990-1999 with 2000-2009.
• The median household income for the area increase by over $20,000, compared to $18,000 for Sacramento County from 2000 to 2010 (U.S. Census).
• Over 16,000 attendees at Mutual Assistance Network run events, classes and activities in 2012.
• Operate the Firehouse and Johnston Community Centers, assisting over 2,400 individuals monthly.
• 1,498 parents participated in child development and parenting skill activities in 2012.
• Operate the Firehouse Produce Market, selling over $40,000 in affordable produce yearly.